We are committed to wellbeing and encourage our patients to be proactive about their own health. We offer Well-Man Appointments to all our male patients which involves two consultations; one with the nurse and one with the doctor.
A comprehensive medical examination and medical investigations are undertaken and advice given on preventative health care and lifestyle. Any issues that emerge are discussed with the patient and managed appropriately especially those issues particularly relevant to men.
The following issues are addressed in consultations:
• Full Medical History including identifying, lifestyle, family and medical risk factors
• A full examination is undertaken by the doctor including height and weight, blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm and prostate examination where appropriate.
• Assessment of cardiovascular risk
• Assessment of Osteoporosis risk (brittle bones)
• Blood tests including blood count, iron stores, kidney and liver function, bone profile, prostate test – PSA, Thyroid test, cholesterol test, diabetes test, B12 and folate levels, Vit D levels.
• ECG – tracing of the heart